The World Ski Patroller Survey is now closed gathering over 2,500 responses.
In it’s first year we gathered responses from over 600 ski patrollers in 14 countries around the world. This year we collected over 2,500 responses from 20 countries. In large part this is thanks to the the additional support provided from Fédération Internationale des Patrouilles de Ski, Canadian Ski Patrol, Australian Ski Patrol, National Ski Patrol, Svenska Skidanläggningars Organisation Skidpatrull, Federazione Italiana Sicurezza Piste Sci, Patrullas de Ski de Chile and the British Association of Ski Patrollers.
We hope that the results of this survey will help to bridge the gap between ski patrollers and the resorts and organisations they work for to help improve our industry.
We must also thank our generous sponsors who donated swag Lé Bent, Patagonia Elements & Surface Skis.
2016 added a few new questions, perception on unionised workforces from paid patrollers, how patrollers are used in growing summer operations, and what ideas patrollers have to make safety better.
Stay tuned for an email with a summary of the data and how you can get your copy of the report in September.
Congratulations to this years prize winners:
- Patagonia Prize: Donni Cochran, Sunlight Mountain Resort, USA
- Patagonia Prize: George Hardin, Sugar Bowl Ski Patrol, USA
- Le Bent Prize: Luca Mosciatti, Valle Nevado, Chile
- Surface Skis: Sean Venables, Bear Valley, USA
- Surface Voucher: Dave Walker, Wachusett Mountain, USA
More details available on the Survey page.
Latest posts by Duncan Isaksen-Loxton (see all)
- Engaging training creates more efficient learning - November 28, 2019
- 5 ways volunteer patrollers keep relevant in the ski business - November 9, 2019
- Incident Reports Go Digital – Toggenburg’s Experience with Medic52 - April 14, 2017