The 2017 World Ski Patroller Survey is now open. Ski patrollers who submit their experiences are assisting with the World’s largest source of information on ski patrol that is used to educate industry about this skilled profession.
The survey is available in English, French and Italian.
Sponsors & Prize Giveaways – Prize pool of USD$1,000
Prize: 1 x Vanir Logr Jacket
This outdoor Jacket features a 2.5-Layer construction with a highly breathable double weave soft-shell. Waterproof, Windproof and breathable Helly Tech® Performance, with 2.5 layer fabric with 100% polyurethane laminate, located at hood, front body, top sleeve, cuff and back yoke.
Prize Value: USD$160.00
American Avalanche Association
Prize: 3 x One Year Subscription to ‘The Avalanche Review’
The Avalanche Review (TAR) is a periodical publication of the American Avalanche Association that shares information, new research, and other pertinent topics across the avalanche community in the United states & beyond. It is published four times per Winter – October, December, February & April.
Prize Value: USD$30/subscription
Prize: 1 x pair Camox Patrol skis
The camox is a great all-round ski thanks to a tip and tail which are efficient on soft snow and a solid flex underfoot which gives good grip on hardpack.
Freeskier Magazine Editors pick 2017 “this ski has no speed limit, ski it like a super g ski and it’s still as stable as a rock, responsive, and energetic.”
Prize Value: USD$359.95
Prize: Performance Base Layer and Sock pack
The great folks at Lé Bent have donated a full set of their award winning base layer, and performance socks made with the their own unique Merino & Bamboo blend.
Freeskier Magazine Editors pick 2017 “The softest foot sleeve we’ve ever skied in.”
Prize Value: USD$200
Prize: 1 x FORECAST goggle
With exceptional moisture wicking and a proprietary anti-fog lens infusion, this new frame can sit closer to your face without fogging, creating amazing peripheral vision in a mid-size frame. Married with a wide array of premium polarized lenses including the AUTOMATIC+, which changes with the conditions, the FORECAST is looking good for skiing, snowboarding, snowmobiling and winter fun all season long.
Prize Value: USD$109
Prize: 1 x SLATE goggle
SLATE proves that you don’t need neon colors to stand out while skiing, snowboarding or snowmobiling. Subtle earth tones define this style, creating a feel that does more with less. Sharp lines within the frame and lens define it. The unique shape allows for maximum peripheral clarity, while a redesigned nose bridge enhances comfort and fit for your time on snow. Built with a foam mold and proprietary venting crafted for a perfect Over-The-Glass fit with no fogging,
Prize Value: USD$119
A big thank you goes to the National and International Ski Patrol bodies for distribution of this survey to their members.
– Fédération Internationale des Patrouilles de Ski http://www.fips-skipatrol.org/
– Canadian Ski Patrol http://www.skipatrol.ca
– Australian Ski Patrol http://www.skipatrol.org.au
– Svenska Skidanläggningars Organisation Skidpatrull http://www.slao.se/
– Federazione Italiana Sicurezza Piste Sci http://www.fisps.it/
– British Association of Ski Patrollers http://www.basp.org.uk
– National Ski Patrol http://www.nsp.org
– Gorska Služba Spasavanja Srbije http://www.gss.rs/
– Patrullas de ski Chile https://www.patrullas.cl/
Latest posts by Duncan Isaksen-Loxton (see all)
- Managing your crew’s training certifications with Medic52 Training Passport - January 20, 2020
- Engaging training creates more efficient learning - November 28, 2019
- 5 ways volunteer patrollers keep relevant in the ski business - November 9, 2019